You may or may not know this about me but I'm one of the biggest tech fans out there. I have niches for retro tech, new/future tech, Apple products, and my take on privacy and what I believe is right and wrong and my beliefs. Because I am into technology and have a huge love for it my opinions are quite different then other's. While I may give my own opinions it may not be the best opinion. But when it comes to facts I I mostly know the correct answer and if Not I will look it up or say that I do not know. I hate when people try to outdo me and say that I'm wrong when clearly they're wrong. I had an argument once with a iPhone 6 user who said that his phone had 5G when in theory he might have had a cellular network plan that was capable of offering him 5G but only if he had a 5G capable phone which he did not. he argued that Apple already offers 5G comparable phones and at the time which I believe was 2019 they did not. But he insisted he was right when he wisen't. Pissed me off. he didn't't even back up his argument with information to support his claim or he would have noticed he was wrong.
Now knowing that I'm a big fan of technology It was interesting to see my peer's perspective on technology and to hear some history's of technology that I quite frankly did not know. I did not know that Bluetooth was named after the Danish king Harold "Bluetooth". I originally thought that bluetooth got its name from a tooth or something blue or maybe even a tooth that was blue because I thought of it as a play on words but it was interesting to learn that It was actually created by a 10th century Danish king.
I'm a huge fan of "tapes" as in VHS and cassette tapes. I think they are superior in every aspect because they are versatile and you can do more with them. I learned from one of my peer's presentations that the Cassette Tape is the most popular format for music (not sure if that's what he exactly said or not but it was something along those lines). I always proved my point of saying that cassette tapes were more popular even though people may not have wanted to believe me and knowing it was true made me happy to hear that. I never got into vinyls/records because they were big and bulky and my parents nor I did not have a record player. My parents had "mix tapes" they had created and radio's that were capable of playing the "mix tapes" so I experimented with them and found them to be more useful then CD's at the time and this was way before streaming music took off.
Now with the television I know a lot of this stuff already for a few reasons. One is because my grandmother is so anti-technology and is so old fashioned. She likes what she likes and when something breaks she gets angry when she has to upgrade to something more modern. She had a CRT television for as long as I could remember with the limited set of like 4 channels before it stop working and had to upgrade to our plasma TV which they have used ever since. I'm not sure if she knows how to play DVD's or even VHS tapes but she loves to set her schedule around what's on TV. I also know a lot about the Tv because a few years ago I had to take care of someone's house who had a big old TV from the 70's that used to be a be considered furniture. Those really unnecessarily big one's. I did not know that TV shows did not use color until way after movies did I thought that when movies introduced color so did TV's and that people had the option to pay more and buy a color tv or to pay less and stick to black and white. Interesting to learn. I also didn't know that the presenter who presented on the TV's 4th cousin is one of the presidents's. (didn't quite catch what she said because she was talking a big to fast). Everyone was laughing when they said that women votes for JFK because he was the hottest but I wisen;t laughing because I learned about this in high school. With the the Presidential debates between JFK and the other president who was running at the time it was more about looks then what they had to say since it was the first televised debate and so most women choose the hotter of the two to be president and what's how JFK won. So when I heard that and people started laughing I was like "Yeah! You didn't know that." Surprising how many people didn't know that.
Much of the other presentations I could remember wisen't much new information I have not previously knew but was more or less a simplified presentation on the topic that talked about their tech product. What I did want to note about one of the presentations was specifically about the iPhone presentation. The presenter said that If we didn't have the iPhone we probably wouldn't of had the products like the Apple Watch iPad and Mac but actually that's not all that true because the Mac came before the iPhone as it was released in 1984 so we most likely would have still seen the Mac. For the iPad I'm not sure if we would have seen it the way it is today if we didn't;t have the iPhone because Apple once created the Newton which was in a way the first iPad as it had similar qualities to an iPad but when Steve Jobs came back to Apple he scrapped that project so the iPad may or may not be around without the iPhone. She also didn't;t mention the famous quote from the original iPhone launch "An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator... these are NOT three separate devices! And we are calling it iPhone!" How can you talk about iPhone without talking about specifics from the original iPhone release event.
I was very impressed about how much people knew and talked about for their technology EOTO presentations. I'm amazed that people could talk about a piece of technology for a long time.



No comments:
Post a Comment