One of the news channels I like to follow is Fox news. I recently started following them after switching from what my family watches which was CNN. my political views started for form or change since the 2016 election. Fox is a republican based news channel and can often time be biased but I don't mind that. I'd rather hear someone criticize the government rather than hear the news as the government wants us to hear it. With the shift from a republican president to a democratic president I've found Fox to be more comedic. If I did not come across Fox new on Youtube or turn it on for special coverage of an event I mostly get my Fox news by enabling notifications for Fox news on Apple news.
A source of news I enjoy watching is ABC World News with David Muir weeknights at 6:30. The world is jam-packed with information from the past day as Muir only has 30 minutes to report on the news. I've found it hard to watch ABC World News when I do not have access to a TV as only the previous day's shows are watchable. I typically want the most current news and not days old news. What I like about ABC World News is that it only reports on the big headlines in the world whereas the rest of the news on ABC throughout the day is more localized new most of which is New York City/Tri-State area based. I do not think there are any Northern New Jersey-based news channels that aren't located in New York City. World News is Perfect for someone who hasen't been exposed to the news recently or wants to get a quick rundown of the day's latest headlines in the world which Is why I absolutely love this channel.
The most daily interaction I have with news and information is through Microsoft's news. They have or had a few different news sites such as MSN news Microsoft News and Microsoft Start. MSN News which can be accessed online, News can be accessed via the Microsoft Store app on Windows, and MSN STart which is Microsoft's newest rebranding of MSN News which can currently be found on the iOS app store. I utilize a form of Microsoft news when I access the internet through the new chromium Microsoft Edge. Microsoft news is similar to Google News. but can be more individualized and tailored towards you than Google and Apple news. It's baked into Edge's new tab page and every time I open up Edge or a new tab I get the latest news right in from of me. I open up a new tab a dozen times a day or more and every time I go I look at the headlines. I like to thrumbs up the stories I want to see more of and react using their emojis to show my emotions towards the article. Occasionally I will comment on an article if I feel it's impotent to express my feelings/view. Currently, I've been receiving royal news as the Queen is at the age where the concern is starting to arise and I want to be at the forefront of the news if anything happens. I also get informed about famous deaths which are precisely trimmed and usually ahead of other news channels. The downside of using personalized news is that you get repetitive news from different channels and only the news "you" want to see.
When I am on Instagram (Not my social media of choice but my most used social media platform) I like to see the stories from News Max. News Max uses the stories feature on Instagram to relay the latest news of the day or week from their perspective. I enjoy seeing these stories as they make me more aware of what's going on when I am not somewhere where I can easily get access to more newsworthy information when it happens rather than when I find it or the news channel is ready to release a statement on it.
Tech News
I love all things tech. I love educating myself on tech and keeping myself up to date with the latest on tech. I might have a biased for apple or to be more privacy-oriented and secure but that will not stop me from speaking out about tech. my favorite source is news about apple called Mac Rumors. They mostly like to leak apple products and information that may not be accurate or the first to report on it. They also compile rumors about upcoming Apple products and then fact checks when the product comes out which rumors were right and wrong and who they got their information from so they know how accurate of a leaker the person they got the information from is. I like Windows Central for Windows relayed products. They report on more headlines than rumors and they like to give you deals on tech products and information about upcoming windows releases that have been released by Microsoft and not leaked information. I also like Windows Latest, 9to5 Mac and 9to5 Google but their not my go-to for tech news. They are my secondary, if I do not think much, has been released by my go-to sites.
No comments:
Post a Comment